Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 11:19:49 GMT
I have been passed an article in the UK paper The Sunday Express (a more
right-than-left-wing tabloid), from 11 April  "When to Wean".  It starts with
news of Paula yates breastfeeding her three-year old (tiger Lily) at a Paris
fashion show, and goes on to be positive breastfeeding older children.  It
quotes Chloe Fisher ("...we are in a new era.  Women are much more laid back
about breast-feeding -- and not worried about rules or regulations.") and "Texas
anthropologist, Katherine Deltwyler" (sic).

They also mention "a new US study has shown that breast-feeding also releases
the hormone oxytocin, which helps lower a woman's blood pressure."  Anyone know
what study this is?

There is a box with 'One Mother's story' -- Lorraine Fellows who is
breastfeeding her three children -- aged 5, 3 and 7 months.

Kathy -- want a copy for your file?

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, UK