Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:55:16 -0500
Young, dumb and no concept of physics is my only excuse for sleeping with my
son on a waterbed.  That is, until I launched him off onto the floor in the
middle of the night.  The baby had a large knot on his forehead and screamed
for a very long time.  The bruise stayed for days.  It was then my husband's
job to protect the baby when his comatose wife fell asleep feeding, and lift
him over to the portacrib  I had slept with my daughter on a conventional
mattress previously, and not to breastfeed in bed was beyond comprehension.
We got a regular mattress six weeks later, solved that problem.
The baby is sixteen, years, and the long term effects of this trauma have
dissipated for him; I STILL feel guilty.
Lu Bush, RNC,BSN,IBCLC
Austin,TX