From:
Attie Sandink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:30:46 -0500
I have been following the discussion for IBCLC education standards. I am
still very discouraged with the IBCLC's who are fallowing patients and are
not effective in getting a baby latched after several visits (normal
newborns). When They call our clinic they may ask some questions about
pumping long term but when asked if they would like to come in so that we
can give the latch a try, they stat that they have already been seen by an
LC.

I think the issue of experience has not been addressed by our governing
body. Many 2d time or third time clients have said that they had tried
everything. Yes I know that often patients need an excuse to quit and we
often get to be their scape goat.
also a rant
Attie Sandink RN. IBCLC. Burlington ON.