From:
"Coleman, Joyce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:41:32 -0400
Yesterday I had the pleasure of viewing The Happiest Baby on the Block
video.  I was amazed at how quickly the babies in the video calmed down, so
I couldn't wait to give it a try!

This morning, while the babies were having "choir practice" in the nursery,
I ran around one-by-one and implemented the 5 S's (or how ever many it
took).  I was amazed each time the reflex was implemented.  This is the
closest that I'll ever get to doing a "magic" trick.  The highlight of the
morning was doing it with twins, holding the side by side so they could
look each other in the face.  I was so in awe--my coworkers in the nursery
thought I was nuts :o)  I never told them what I was doing, but one extern
commented on how one baby was wrapped like she was in the womb.  I
said, "my thoughts, exactly!"

Thank you, Dr. Karp!

Joyce Coleman, RN, IBCLC