From:
"Henry, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:43:49 -0700
Since I do both - work at a large retail store and have rental pumps & extra
parts this is my take on Medela's new products.  The rep came to the retail
store to show us these items.  The bags seem nice since I too have sold
tubing to moms who melted theirs - it was just odd that the flanges and such
take one amount of water, the tubing another (so they can't be sterilized at
the same time).  But other than that they look like a good idea.

As for the wipes, those our my favorite.  I feel they would be great for
moms who can't get to a sink between pumping sessions.  Right now one of my
rental pumps is for an active duty mom, who needed to come back the next day
for the battery pack because there is no outlet close by for her to pump.
When the wipes came out I wish I had them when she came to offer her a pack
to use if she didn't have a sink nearby either.  The sad fact is that many
moms are pumping in places where cleaning the pump, electrical outlets, or
privacy can't be guaranteed.  Another reason why I am happy that the Whisper
Wear pump is finally available.  Had a postal worker mom who wanted one, so
she "could" pump in her truck, her husband didn't want her going into the
back of her mail truck to undo her shirt to pump.  With the Whisper Wear,
she can put in on once and pump with her shirt closed, just undo the bottom
buttons to take out the bag and put it in the carrying case.  Mom and dad
both happy.

Felicia Henry
Oxnard, CA