Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:14:53 -0700
I have a client who called me about breastfeeding an adopted baby.  We discussed what to do to begin building her milk supply.  She called me the next day after she had stimulated her breasts the night before and said she was leaking and felt very full!  Could it be possible, do you think, that she could produce  enough milk to not have to supplement at all? I was very suprised, but excited, to hear her tell me this.  She has nursed 4 children, but her last one has been weaned for 3 years.  Just wondering is anyone with more experience than me would care to comment on their experiences with "relactation, or I guess this would be more appropriately called adoptive bf.  thanks:)
Have you heard??  Breast is Best!
Andrea Bass, RN,  IBCLC