From:
LuAnn Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:20:01 -0400
Hello from PA,

Just came back from a wonderful conference in Neptune, NJ and hear all the
wonderful progress that Barbara Philipp and her team made and is continuing
to make at Boston Medical Center, where thinking outside the box has brought
some wonderful landmark progress......I came home awed and renewed....only
to have my DH give me a paper with the following headlines:

NURSING MOTHER KILLED BY HUSBAND. It seems following a domestic dispute that
a  mother of 4 in a nearby community,  was shot point blank in the head
while she was in the process of nursing her 4 month old. The oldest of their
children is just 6 and the infant was unharmed. No other details are
available at this time. Desperately hoping that when I go to work tomorrow I
find that we didn't miss an opportunity to pick up on the potential for a
domestic abuse situation..and really hoping she doesn't show up as a former
patient at our hospital at all.
Wondering how this could be humanly possible.......... please if you can say
a prayer for this family....

LuAnn Smith RN, IBCLC