Date:
Wed, 19 May 2010 09:55:20 -0500
What about talking to the MD about adding Rifampin to the antibiotics for a couple of days to increase penetration of the antibiotics into the breast tissues?  This was something talked about at a conference with Australian MD's doing research on recurrent mastitis.  This med is used for tuberculosis but also as a synergistic med to increase effectiveness of antibiotics on folks with heart valve replacements or other cardiac issues where structures are intricate and bacteria can "hide" avoiding the antibiotics with resultant recurrence of infections not effectively treated.  Just a thought.