From:
Pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:48:25 -0500
Message text written by Lactation Information and Discussion
>I am curious about this.  How do you do pump trials with each mother?  Do
you
have a kit opened that you re-sterilize after the trial? <

Hi Netters,

I did pump trials when I use to have a rental station for those mothers
that were unsure what they wanted.  Real easy to do and the mothers really
liked it.  Depending on the situation, I would charge $10.00 for the time
and replacement of any of the supplys.  After the trial, I would boil the
trial kit for 20minutes and then put in a zip-lock bag for next trial.  I
would keep several trial kits/pumps.  They last for many years.  Do not
forget that some hospitals recommend sterilization after each use.
(grrrrrrrr).  I learned alot about pumps during the trials.    Happy
Valentines Day everyone !!!!!

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela
Naperville, IL