From:
Pam Easterday <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:00:30 GMT
Connie Chiavario's family wondered, "Exactly how much more
can you learn about breastfeeding?"
A few years ago, an advisor at a college I did not attend
was selling me on their credit for life experience.  I
could get credit for my recreational scube diving.  If I
had something by examination, such as a real estate
license, that could be converted to college credit.  But
she just could not wrap her mind around my stack of credit
certificates for breastfeeding classes.  She kept fishing
for REAL education.  The fact that these classes were used
by BSN holders as post-graduate education did not move
her.  This was about breastfeeding for goodness sake!  She
finally revealed that breastfeeding education couldn't
possibly be a college-level topic because that is something
covered completely in a high school health class.
You're right, Connie.  They just don't understand.
Pam Easterday LLLL