From:
Susan Kasten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:00:11 -0800
I am so happy that the car full of kids were safe.  I want to take this
opportunity to remind everyone that the car seat should stay in the car.
My understanding is that they come out and then are those baby buckets
we are seeing so much.  I seem to remember a thread on them in the past.
However, I hope we are all reminding parents that babies belong in their
arms for all the obvious reasons.  Unfortunately, my sister's best
friend's baby died this month because he was in one of those, placed on
a counter top, while the parent turned his vision away ever so briefly.
The child managed to wiggle out and fall to the ground.  He died there
from a broken neck.  Please remind parents their babies should be in
their arms or on the floor.

Sue Kasten, RN, IBCLC