Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 09:37:18 -0700
I am very far from an expert in the field of lactation, but since I have seen some babies with this very typical finding of tongue glued to the roof of the mouth I want to give my 2cc.
You mentioned that baby had an unusual position emerging from the womb and this is in consistency with what I know. Sometimes this position of the tongue can mean damage to one of the nerves enervating the tongue due to a difficult birth. The abnormal movement of the tongue may have the same reason - so maybe it is a good idea for this baby to be checked thoroughly for some kind of a nerve damage too.

Christina Yaneva
BF Peer Councellor
Bulgaria