From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:43:14 -0400
Carolyn,
  I have been suggesting for yearsthat we pitch bf as
a savings insurance company. Then they'd pay for things
like breast milk (not to mention pumps etc.) and they could
give breastfeeding mothers a discount similar to the
non-smokers discount.
The problem, as you say, is to put it in terms they understand.
This would take some time and effort to pull off, but it would
be an important step to making bf the norm in the US anyway.
Is anyone on this list familiar with actuarial data? Does
anyone know anyone who does? That would be the best place to
start.
  Naomi Bar-Yam