From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:06:00 -0400
OK folks, today's episode of Baby Blues:

Wanda:  "I can't believe you want to kick me out of a public pool for bf my
baby!"

Hammie (the baby):  "thup, thup, thup."  (He's under a beach towel).

Wanda continues:  "We weren't bothering anyone...I was covered up!"

Lifeguard:  "Sorry, Ma'am.  rules are rules.  This facility has to maintain
its --

(Nubile young thing strolls past in a thong bikini)

-- decency standards."

We're off to take Torrey to Taylor tomorrow.  Had a long talk with her last
night about raising children to be independent; and one of the painful parts
of loving is the ultimate separation.....but if you protect yourself from
pain through steeling yourself not to love, you also miss much joy.  And,
even as I was talking with her through our tears, I wondered if the Ezzo
parents, in steeling themselves against responding appropriately to their
children, hardening their hearts against their cries because it isn't "time"
to feed them...may deal with separation better than I do, but I think they
must have missed much of the joy of children.

Jan Barger, in Wheaton.... "Consecrate the fiftieth year....it shall be a
jubilee for you..."  Leviticus 25:10