From:
Brian Maves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 00:02:05 +0900
Did any of you catch the breastfeeding joke in Jay Leno's Tonight show
monologue Tuesday night (I think we get the show tape delayed)?

He started out by referencing a law passed in California about
breastfeeding in public. He then went on to say that he thought that the
law was a great idea...with all of the breast implants in Hollywood, it'd
be good for people to see what breasts are *really* for!  He kind of
laughed as the audience applauded and then added, "I mean that's what
they're there for!"

Wow.  Maybe we are sneaking into the mainstream....dare I hope? It was nice
to see someone say something on TV that I didn't have to get angry about.
(I'm lucky I live here.  Our Mad About You show is tape delayed and about a
year behind--Jamie's still pregnant.  By the time I move stateside, I
figure I'll have missed this whole new baby thread in it's entirety.
yippee!)

Gina Gile-Maves
LLL Leader
Misawa, Japan
mom of Mallory (8yo) Kelsey (6yo) Mitch (4yo) and Jenna (4mos)