From:
Nleeguitar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:27:04 EDT
Hi Everybody:
   Dontcha think it is a bit extreme to compare a lady enjoying wearing her
bikini to a lady who can't walk because her feet have been deformed or to a
woman "thrown away" because the fistulas which developed from her
infundibulation (sorry if spelt wrong) and subsequent deliveries have left her
repulsive to those around her?
   There is the matter of degree to consider. Not to deny the seriousness of
our culture's emphasis on the nubile female as the only way to be, but I can't
agree that wearing a bikini really hurts anybody. If that was the only bathing
suit to wear, and we all had to wear them or else be laughed off the beach,
then I would be concerned. Warmly, Nikki