From:
Ronald Whynaucht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 20:09:19 -0600
For the past 2 weeks I've looked forward to my daily LACTNET mail and have
already gained so much!  What a wonderful service--- thank you!

My name is Barb Whynaucht  (Ynot) and I'm currently an Obstetrical RN.
Last fall I spent a week at advanced breastfeeding training with a
co-worker and I will write the IBCLE exam in July. All 4 of our children
were breastfed and I wouldn't trade the experiences for the world!

As for the "venting" portion of my note---
I had a discussion with one of our Family Practice Physicians today
regarding all of "these silly things we've been trying" in order to ensure
successful,rewarding breastfeeding experiences.  The more we talked, the
madder I got inside.  Obviously, his BF knowlelge is greatly lacking.  He
actually said he thought we had better things to do with our time. He
suggested we spend our time trying to get the smoking mothers to quit
smoking instead.  I felt that I actually stood up for the issue quite well,
but the sarcasm didn't stop.  His remedy to ANY problems is to "just give
'em a bottle".My concern is that he relays false information to mothers and
to his colleagues.  I can handle the sneering behind my back, but not the
disservice to parents.  Any suggestions to get him to mellow or will it
have to be proven over time?  The other thing that surprises me is that
he's only upper 30's but so behind and narrow minded in his ways.

One final note:  Any words of advice for pre-exam anxiety??!!  Thanks!

Barb Whynaucht   [log in to unmask]