From:
Judy Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 20:11:26 +0300
Hi, Alicia. Way back in January 1996, I excitedly posted an article I read
in the Jerusalem Post about an Israeli professor (I think endocrinology)
who lectured to the fact that in a 10 year period, the incidence of
juvenile-onset diabetes increased by 50% among Israeli Jews, but remained
the same among Israeli Arabs. The zinger was that he said that it was
assumed that this happened because of the declining breastfeeding among
the Jews, while the Arabs breastfed more and longer.

Just a few days ago, I went to a lecture by an American pediatric
endocrinologist, and he dodged the whole issue of bovine allergens
possibly being one of the causes of the rise in American juvenile-onset DM
- he said it was "controversial" and he "didn't want to get into it". Win
some, lose some. Or is he in somebody's pocket for research funding....?

Judy Knopf in Beer Sheva, Israel, melting from the heat, and the bedroom
airconditioner pooped out.