From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 07:09:16 -0500
Generally too lazy :-)  All packages are now marked in metric with the lbs
in parens.  There have been movements, but sort of stalled.  Many tools,
and a great deal of medicine is now in metric.  Like any change, it will
hurt :-)  but I think it is inevitable.  Metric taught in school quite
thoroughly.  There are lots of sneaky ways it is being included.  Measuring
cups  and spoons have both.  Temperatures frequently given in  both.
Mileage guages on cars' speedometers have both.

It is just asking a whole country to think differently and that is like
trying to push a marshmallow.  I think  when we really get into it, it will
be easy. (Really just like convincing a whole country that BF is the norm
:-)  It will just take a long time.   What does system does Canada use?
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ where it is gray and dizzley and my yard is covered
with that white stuff again!  At least it covers up all the old dirty white
stuff.