From:
Julie Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:37:33 -0400
Ann,

I just visited with a friend in the hospital, having her second.  I overhead
her ask one of the postpartum nurses for how long she can expect her nursing
baby to pass meconium ( I suppose she thought it too technical to ask me
first).  I had to bite my lip when her answer came: "At least a week."  She
left the room and I set my friend straight.  Before I get flamed for not
correcting the nurse, rest assured that when the hospital's IBCLC returns
from vacation she'll be getting a call from me.

Julie Rosen, LLLL in NJ