From:
Holly McSpadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:57:23 +0000
Actually, I beg to differ here. I work for a hospital that has taken error prevention in hospitals very seriously, and bar coding of all patients, meds, charts, etc. has been researched and does significantly reduce potentially life-threatening errors that humans make, which are, unfortunately, very, very common in all hospital settings. (Since the initiation of our error-prevention policies and procedures we have significantly lowered our error rates).

Holly McSpadden, IBCLC
-------------- Original message from gonneke van veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>: --------------

And how is this better than a label with the written names of mom and babe, date and time of expressing? With this thing nurses have to carry around yet another