From:
Christy Whiteside <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:32:33 -0800
Margaret states," I bet
women who are dealing with added difficulties would find that an
especially empowering feeling."

I will never forget an encounter I had with a mom who was having a minor
surgery and was told by a handful of doc's to stop breastfeeding her 3 month
old son...I had to literally give her my copy of Thomas Hale's book for her
to argue the point...she came back to me and said, "my body has failed me in
so many ways in my life, the one thing that hasn't failed is my reproductive
system, it means more than anyone could imagine that I continue to
breastfeed...it is one precious piece of normalcy in my life." She continued
to tell me of the opposition she had encountered with people telling her she
would never to be able to breastfeed because she couldn't really even hold
her baby alone, she has a wonderful, encouraging husband that breastfeeds
right along side her holding the baby and getting pillows for her...Really
encouraged me, as a LC, I felt humbled and honored to observe how
breastfeeding positively impacted this woman's life. Just thought I'd
share...

Christy Whiteside IBCLC