From:
"Mercier, Renee R" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:57:45 -0700
You can watch the clip here:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633?ta=y

Or try:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=dff1e449-0fd3-42e1-b4fd-4862ae1a2
b89&t=m5&p=Source_Today%20Show

Or try:
http://tinyurl.com/m4mgy

I had to click on it a couple times before getting the clip, I kept getting
Bill O'Reilly.
______________________________________
Government ads advocate breastfeeding
June 14: NBC's Lisa Daniels reports on a new government advertising campaign
saying that breastfeeding is not only natural, but that not breastfeeding
could actually harm your baby.
____________________________________
Nancy and Dr. Hayes did a great job.

Here are some quotes from the clip:

Fear Factor: "Scared into breast-feeding"

The formula feeding mom, Amanda says:
"It makes me feel terrible and really angers me, because I know women are
going to that to heart"  "I think it's terrible and reckless, because women
should do what they want to do, what they can do and it's not going to work
out for everyone"

Amanda finally breaks down:
"I wish I could tell you that I don't have any guilt; that I feel confident
in formula feeding, but I'm not. It would be a lie if I told you that. I
feel very guilty that I'm no longer giving her breastmilk any more"

Renee Mercier RN IBCLC RLC
Washington State