From:
Elise Chapin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:40:28 +0200
Dear Karleen,

There is a journal here in Italy published by the "Associazione
Culturale Pediatri", a pediatric association (not the biggest one) that
does not accept advertising period. The cost of publication is covered
by membership dues, and they have reduced costs by deciding on 2 colors,
black and red, for print. This was a decision made at the end of 2006,
after reflecting on exactly the types of conflict of interest your
mentioned.

Elise Chapin
Florence, Italy