From:
CawoodRGN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:42:14 EST
Kathy, I had a lady who im her first pregnancy suddenly developed severe
eczema, whole body, over night after a day of milk shakes. Her daughter who
was breastfed for 5 months was given some formula at 4 months became ill
almost immediately, with a diagnosis after some months of cows milk allergy.
This child has several allergies which are acute , anaphylaxis twice. Her
husband is a very allergic person.
 With her second pregnancy she avoided nuts,and kept dairy foods to a minimum.
her calcium was obtained from other foods. She had one episode of eczema on
her arms after an icecream sundae but otherwise all was well. This baby at 9
moths is still breastfeeding and they are still avoiding dairy products. She
is well and thriving in comparison to her sister at the same age who had
already been in ITU x 2
 I apologise for no real reference as I know hearsay is not enough but this
family really believe the baby was sensitsed before birth.

I hope you receive lots of replies, Chris Wood
Midwife, Breastfeeding Advisor U.K