From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 12:18:49 EDT
Six positive and well written letters to the editor re Corbett's article on
breastfeeding!  Kudos to Kym and Sara and to those who wrote so positively
and strongly about the need for society to promote and encourage
breastfeeding!!  I was so afraid to see negative responses and not a one-it
gives me encouragement and renews my faith in society being able to champion
our youngest members' rights! (not just us breastfeeding staunch advocates,
either.)

Let's hope this has the effect on society of the trickle turning into the
rushing stream, turning into the raging river, with oceans of breastmilk for
all; nature's best natural resource!

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
(Mother who misses those long years of breastfeeding when a little breastmilk
calmed the savage beast-just kidding but when dealing with my intense 12 yr
old wish I had that magic milk she loved so 5-6 yrs ago!)