From:
Alan/Donna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:17:11 -0500
Dr. Masterson's name has come up more then once at my weekly breastfeeding
support group as several moms watch this show.  This isn't the first time I
have heard her say something that wasn't based on research at all.  I even
heard Dr. Sears correct her in a gentle manner when they were discussing
circumsion.  Her final statement was women just prefer them circumsized (no
cultrual bias there).  This is how she talks on the show but people listen
because she has doctor in front of her name, not because she is presenting
things in a pro/con or researched way.  I can hardly watch this show because
her inaccuracy on many subjects makes me start yelling at the t.v.

Donna Goggin-Dolwick, BSN, IBCLC, LCCE