From:
heather welford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:42:26 +0000
Yes, it's true: bf mothers in UK used to be given stout in hospital. In
case this is a mystery word, it's a strong beer like Guinness or Mackeson,
held to be brimful of B6, and therefore 'good' for the milk supply at that
time...this was the case when I had my first baby 18 years ago, but it must
have died out soon after because that was the last I heard of it.
Horrible-tasting  stuff, anyway : )

all the best

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc UK (who two days ago discovered a worse pain than the cracked
nipples she suffered with said baby - all you need do is to have the cast
iron oven door fall off when you open it, and have your big toe in the way
as it crashes to the floor....still, the childbirth breathing exercises
came in useful)