From:
Karen Lowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:33:33 -0800
"I asked her to notice if nipples were white, she said when it
hurts minorly, sometimes.  But the real major pain they are not white."

I have had problems with vasospasms through most of my nursing career
(my son is 28 months old now).  I have noticed that what appears to be
"minor blanching" may lead to major pain, either at the time or later. I
have noticed the same is true when I have the vasospasms in fingers and
toes. The blanching may not be terribly long lived or cover a large
area, nonetheless, an area of purplish, very tender tissue ensues. I
assume that this is the result of compromised circulation for the
duration of the vasospasm.  By the way, I never saw purplish tissue on
my breasts following vasospasms.

My point, if she is seeing any vasospasm, I would at least give this
more thought and investigation.

Good luck!
Karen Lowell