From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:01:49 +0800
>Sent By:        Arleta deDianous
>
>I just wanted to share this article which contains some pretty
>ridiculous 'information'.  (I have been no-mail for about 1 1/2
>years and am now back.)
>
>Read the article at the following web address:
>
><http://pediatrics.medscape.com/IMNG/PediatricNews/1999/v33.n06/pn330
>6.13.02.html>

Yes, this *did* interest me, Arleta. Thank you. Wendy Oddy, whose
study they quote, is local to me and I have heard her speak about her
study a couple of times. I wonder how the Tucson study defined
'exclusive breastfeeding'. Was it *absolutely nothing else* but
breastmilk ever (until 4 months, or whatever)? That is Wendy's
definition. She found that *any* other milk (even one feed, I think)
introduced before 4 months nullified the protective effect against
asthma development. I am sure she would be considering results of
this Tucson study along with her data.