From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:58:57 EST
Dear Friends:
    I sent this letter to Dr. Sears today.

Dear Dr. Sears:
   When a prominent, nationally known pediatrician violates the WHO Code by
advertising formula on his site, breastfeeding (an important element in
attachment parenting, as well as in the health of mothers, babies, families
and the nation)is undermined.
  The layperson, seeking advice on the net will receive the message that
breastfeeding is good, and so is bottlefeeding. The rhetoric about the
expense of a website, and the desire to reach more people, and the desire to
improve formula, is merely rationalization.
  Supporting formula advertising on a site designed to promote health and
well-being of babies and their families is misleading, and unethical. You
have upheld a two-faced standard, which is says that,
"breast is best but I need money so I will advertise formula."
  However, if our former president could engage in oral sex and deny that it
mattered because there was no penetration, then I suppose that you are in
good company.
  Sincerely,
  Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI
  Supporter of the WHO Code