From:
Michelle Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:38:09 -0800
Hello ladies,
I am a member of a local breastfeeding task force which works closely with several agencies in our community;  WIC, City/County  Health, the hospital's lactation team and local LLLI Leaders.

The hospital is working hard to become more breastfeeding supportive, and although they have a lactation team, there are many members of the Mother/Baby floor who are not breastfeeding knowledgeable or supportive.

As a local LLL Leader, I often times hear from mothers who have been given poor breastfeeding support and/or information before being discharged from the only local hospital.

Members of the task force from the hospital's lactation team are happy to hear about these shortcomings from former patients so that these problems/complaints can be addressed.

We would like to create a standardized complaint form to give to mothers to complete if they have been   given poor/bad/inaccurate breastfeeding information while a patient at the hospital.  The mother will remain anonymous, although one copy of the form will be submitted to the hospital through the members of the task force, while another copy will remain with us.

I am not asking to be flamed about this.  We are doing something the lactation team staff is requesting.  If someone has a form that I could use as a guide I would be most appreciative. Suggestions about questions to ask on the form, its format or anything else would also be helpful.  You may send it to me off-list, if you prefer.

Michelle Swanson, LLLL
mother of 3
:-)
Wyoming, USA