From:
ROBERT CORDES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 May 1998 16:19:52 -0400
During residency I was taught that aprox 50% of cow's milk allergic babies are going to be soy allergic therefore dont use
soy for cow's allegic babies. Formula to use would be an elemental formula.
I do have a cow's milk allergic BF patient who wont drink elemental formula. No suprise. Given informed consent mom
 is using Soy as a suppliment.
The AAP does have a policy statement on use of Soy formula,
I'll find the referece and post it.
That I am aware of nucleic acids arent in soy formula.
I belive the problem of soy with premies has to do with vitamin
and mineral absorption.
Dr Nancy, can you confirm this?
-Rob