From:
Yousko's in Texas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 07:02:52 -0700
I am wrking w a client who is nursing her 5 da.old 2nd child. She was
c/o of "bearable pain" in both brsts in medial area - between 3 & 6
o'clock- she was not engorged- has PNS- no fever or red streaks- started
beginning of day 3. During her preg. she was given prescript. cr to
apply under breasts for yeast- no overt signs of yst. in Mo. or baby at
present.  She is very big busted- the areas have marked pitting edema &
somewhere I remember the term "orange peel" skin as possible sign of
cancer. I was unable to find it in any of my resources including Lactnet
Archives. She nursed her 1st, who is now 2, for 14 mths- stated had the
"orange peel" skin and soreness w 1st chd. also, that eventually
resolved- had 1x antibiotic trtmt for mastitis in L with 1st chd.
Possibly poorly draining ducts?- wrked on positioning and tried a rolled
up towel under lg breast for better support. Rec. crushed cabbage lves,
cont. use of skin cr. for yeast under breasts- more airdrying
underneath, etc. TC on 12 day- soreness gone- "orange peel" skin still
present but less noticeable, no further signs of yst in Mo. or baby.
Should I mention the cancer connection- (I would want refs. before I
do.)? Any info. is greatly appreciated. This is my 1st post after being
a Lactnut for 2 yrs.- until now, my questions have always been answered
through general dicussions on Lactnet.
Thanks, Cindy Y., RN, IBCLC