From:
Tammy Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:04:35 -0500
Just getting a single good sleep in may be what is needed in this case to
lessen or get rid of PPD.  For some people just being so exhausted causes them
to be depressed, because they feel overwhelmed and unable to cope.  I would try
a couple of things to try and get a good night's sleep.  If that didn't work,
then I would have her call HCP.  I would just be worried that if she called
before trying to get some sleep that HCP would be like,"Here's some sleeping
pills.  Here's some prozac.  Put your kid on formula".  Maybe she will need
meds, but a little sleep would be a lot easier if that will "cure" it.

Tammy Schilling
LLL of Salisbury

--
personal copy designs