From:
Karen Zeretzke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 11:09:13 -0600
Jeanne,

We here in Louisiana are also attempting this, it WILL involve liscensing
LCs, but have JoAnn Scott's permission to use the IBLCE protocols
(including passing the exam) for liscensing those who would be able to bill
insurance.......just IBCLCs, in other words.

There is a wonderful bf advocate who heads the local MCH and lobbies for
all sorts of legislation; she has taken our  reimbursement cause under her
capable wing.  Her name is Sandra Adams <[log in to unmask]> if you can think
of anyone over there   with whom we could network, please share name/e
address!!!

Still fighting the good fight......  :-)

Karen Zeretzke
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
http://www.prairienet.org/laleche/bfcost.html