From:
Virginia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:38:07 +1000
On Wed, 1 Jan 2003  laurie wheeler wrote:
"I have not personally used this pump but have had mothers report back that
it is effective and easy to use. I have assembled one which is very easy and
the fact that it can be used one-handed is nice."
  - Hi Laurie,
      I've only tested this pump for ease of use, not milk volumes.  When
the rheumatoid arthritis in my hands was at its worst, probably about the
beginning of 1998, I tried out this pump with a view to seeing if it would
be usable for a mother with a disability involving her hands.  Colleagues
thought it would be unsuitable in these situations.  Surprisingly, the hand
action was not tiring or painful, and I could sustain it.  I tried it with
each hand.  At the time, my right hand was very limited in what it could do,
but it managed this and it ws comfortable.  (The hand has since then
regained much of its function and has been good, except for a recent
flare-up.)
     The only probably I found was in learning how to assemble it - simple
when one has practiced how to do it, but a bit confusing the first time.
     I hope this helps.  Happy New year to all.
     Virginia
      in Brisbane