From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:52:27 -0700
http://www.dooce.com/archives/daily/02_23_2004.html

I needed this.  Glad I found it tonight.  I thought others who have been
there and done that would enjoy it also.
Judy Ritchie

CBS Should Make Me Apologize for this Post
MONDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2004

(One paragraph-you gotta read the rest.)
My mother breastfed me until I was 22 months old, an age at which I was able
to walk up to her and ask for a "sus." I am personally of the school of
thought that once my child is old enough to walk up to me and ask me to whip
out my tit, IT MIGHT BE TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE. But my mother insists that I
wouldn't eat anything else, and the only way she was able to wean me was to
leave me alone with my father for four straight days where I was left with a
decision between starving to death or eating solid food for the first time.
When she returned on the fourth night she found me alive and in relatively
good spirits as my father had introduced me to chocolate milk and Oreos. I
had basically replaced one dark circle with another.

Her other Boob articles
http://www.dooce.com/archives/boobs/

Communication with her dad
http://www.dooce.com/

I called my mother and father immediately to let them know about it, and
when I heard the hesitation in my father's worried voice I assured him that
there isn't a single off-colored word or sentence in the whole piece, he can
open his eyes when he reads it, but don't get too excited, this doesn't mean
I'm going to stop talking about boobs on my website. That would make his
life too easy, and my job on earth as a child is to stand in the way of him
getting a good night's sleep.