From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:44:19 -0400
Your letter reminded me of my sample of 2 (granddaughters #10 & 11)  Nicole
nursed for the whole first 24 hours! and Elisa nursed 3 whole times in the
first 24 hours.  We need to trust the babies!  I remember feeling antsy
about the one who only nursed 3 times and encouraging her mom to put baby to
breast and "try." But it was futile and my daughter sort of told me to bug
off, she'd wake up and nurse when she was ready :-) and she did for 4 years
or so.  This baby is also the one I've mentioned before who ate very little
solids until 18 mo-2 yrs, is very allergic and at 8 is petite, smart and
engaging. The one who nursed for the first 24 hours is on the other end of
the growth chart, just as smart &  less allergic (do I sound like a grandma
or what? :-)  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ