From:
J C Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 19:10:13 -0400
Hi all,

I have been having an on going "battle" with a MD about the wisdom of
giving the shot 2 days PP instead of 6 weeks as the manufactured
recommends.  Today a nurse walked in as I was working with a mother to
give the depro shot,   I asked, Did your doc talk to you about the
possible side effects regarding milk supply?  Yes, she said it was OK.  I
said that the manufacturer recommends that it be given 6 weeks PP.  She
declined the shot!  Yeah, one scrimmage won...  The nurse told me now she
was going to have to pay for it twice because she had to waste the shot!!
 We had a little discussion and she actually said she could always feed
formula if her milk did not come in!!

Have a nice day,

Jane Crotteau BSN,RNC,IBCLE, CCE. in southern N.H.