From:
Natalie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 22:40:01 -0400
"You
must get MOTHERS to tell their stories, of how they WANT to breastfeed, but
are thwarted by society, and health professionals.  We WANT to breastfeed,"

Sally, you are so right!  I agree with you a hundred percent.  I petrified
at the thought that one of my children could have wound up on formula
because of my ignorance based on myths (I will nurse IF I have milk) and
ambivalence on healthcare professionals part.  I got VERY lucky someone who
cared was by my side helping me to get started.  At that time I was very
unaware of all the issues surrounding this area of women's lives.  I am
very surprised there haven't been a lawsuit in the US by now on the ground
of misinformation and failed attempt to breastfeed and there are no release
forms of informed concent starting a child on formula.

Natalie Wilson
LLL of NC