From:
Amy Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:55:19 -0400
Hello fellow Lactnetters,

I would like to thank all of you who shared your advice and resources with me regarding management of severe functional nipple pain.  The insights you provided were very reassuring to the mother since many of the comments she received from both family and friends began to make her feel as though she was simply being "a wimp."  After much thought and discussion, the mother decided to continue with pumping and bottle feeding her expressed breast milk instead of pursuing the options I presented.  The financial impact of non-covered health services (i.e: acupuncture) and her concern about medication use affecting her milk/baby were barriers that she chose to avoid.

Once again, many thanks for all of your support.

Sincerely,
Amy

Amy Wagner, BS, RN, CCES, IBCLC
Hershey PA