From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:28:44 -0400
An LC in our local affiliate wrote a letter to JHL awhile back
asking if anyone else had noted problems in infants whose
mothers had taken terbutaline. She had (has) been keeping
notes for several years and is convinced "terbutaline babies"
have high incidence of poor muscle tone and early sucking
difficulties. It would be useful if statistics could be compiled
on when terbutaline was started during the pregnancy, how
much was taken, and what the noted outcome is. I think this
is an ideal project for Lactnetters.

Margery Wilson, IBCLC