From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 12:23:20 -0500
Hi All,
While growing up I never saw a woman BF, ever.  Didn't know a thing about it,
in fact.  Many of you know my beginning reason for BF my first son, so I
won't go into that again :) .  But, suffice it to say, that tho it may have
started out with reasons that were not all that great, it turned out to be
the best thing I ever did in my life (besides having and keeping my son!)
As for my 2nd son, that was a whole different story.  I was still the only
person I knew who had BF a child, and had still never seen another woman BF,
except in a couple of movies.  But I knew how much my time BF my oldest son
had meant to me (and how angry I was that I had allowed myself to be
pressured into weaning my 1st by 14 mo by a jerk of a boyfriend), so I knew
that I would BF my 2nd child.  My hubby had never seen a baby BF before, but
was supportive of my choice.
When baby #2 arrived, we had major BF problems (and I mean MAJOR!).  After
almost 4 mo of Hell, we were finally a true, painfree BF couple.  The Hell I
went thru to BF this kid was what spurred me into getting involved in WIC as
a PC, and becoming a CLE and doing private counseling as well as working with
crisis moms at WIC.
Now, pregnant with #3, due in Jan, and still BF my 27 mo old, will I BF baby
#3?  What do you think?  To heck with all the health related benefits, it is
the emotional benefit for my child and I that I care about.  The bond that
comes from BF a child lasts a lifetime, with a lifetime of benefits.
With the work that I do now, I have seen more BF babies and moms than I can
count!  What a great thing to see!

Take care all, and keep the stories coming!  They are great!
Jay