From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 23:50:18 -0500
Barbara wrote:
"I have the blocked duct in the left breast and yesterday around 3pm
my right breast became engorged and will NOT let down for anything.
I've been pumping and nursing it every 1 1/2 hours. I tried heat,
cold, showers, heating pads, ice packs, ibuprofen, massage, nipple
massage, lymph node massage.  After a while It got to the point where
the bottom underneath of my breast would eventualy let down and 1 0z
would come out but the top and sides just won't empty or drain AT
ALL.<

Has this mom tried the old mayo jar trick? It is something we used way
back when all we had was the horrible bicycle-horn pump.

Have the mom put a metal knife into a clean mayo (or other
wide-mouthed ) glass jar.
She then pours boiling water into the jar - the metal knofe will stop
it from cracking.
Next, pour out the water - VERY carefully.
Let the jar cool until the rim is comfortable enough to be touched
without burning.
Now the mom slips her breast into the rim of the jar.
As it cools, the glass will contract, and draw out the milk.

Do let us know how it goes!

norma