From:
Dianne Veatch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:10:24 -0400
A Mom at our hospital had  34 week triplets by cesarean section on Saturday. She started pumping with a classic pump about 18 hours after birth and has continued Q 3 hours ever since. The most she has obtained has been today, about 5cc's. She nursed her 2 1/2 year old successfully for 1 year and is very distressed, thinking she will not be able to furnish breast milk for her boys. She has tried all the other suggestions, hand expression, heat, massage, relaxation. She said with her last baby her milk didn't come in until day 5. I don't want to rush in to anything and stress her more but the babies are already being fed and are getting formula. How soon would you suggest try herbs to increase milk supply for a Mom pumping for her premies? Any other suggestions?

Dianne
from hot and dry Florida