From:
Pamela Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:14:44 +0100
Rachel

Suggest that the mother re-lactates!  I once worked with a mom whose
doctor prescribed this, and referred to me for ways to do it.  Baby
was 8 months.  The mother succeeded in bringing in a partial
supply.  She found that 250 ml of breastmilk per day fixed the
problem.  Her doctor ordered her to continue until the baby was at
least 14 months, she complied!   She wasn't able to re-persuade the
baby back to the breast, so she breastmilk-fed, and was thrilled with
the outcome.

Best wishes

Pamela Morrison IBCLC
Rustington, England (formerly Harare, Zimbabwe).