From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 07:14:26 -0400
Baby factors: I'd want a metabolic work-up, check for UTI (urine), cardiac
anything.  Only one oz transfer doesn't make suck sound efficient or maybe
mom's sinuses are further back, that's why she got better results when on
shield??? What do breasts look like?  How large are nipples?   If baby only
gets one oz and nurses 9-11 times a day...........I'd use herbs and reglan,
but I don't think it was originally a production problem, rather a transfer
problem.  I think I'd have her pumping to increase supply, after all this
time it has to be decreasing. And I'd certainly pop that shield back on
until problem gets sorted out.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ