From:
Chao-Huei Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:05:45 +0800
Dear Kathy:

I'll also give a lecture to the 4th grade medical students in the public
health course in this Nov. I have at least 60 minutes and 120 minutes if I
wish. I think it may be the first lectures focusing on breastfeeding to the
medical students in Taiwan.
My focus is  on the role of breastfeeding in public health. I'll emphasize
that even in a developed country, breastfeeding is necessary(not only
important) for the life quality of the infants and children. Then I will
talk about the imaging of breast and discuss why the breastfeeding rate is
so low in Taiwan. Sure I will let they know the marketing Code for the
breastmilk substitute and ten steps of BFHI.
In Taiwan, medical students start practice at the 7th grade. So, I will not
talk about the treatment of breastfeeding problem.  But I have given them
the references already (two textbooks: Breastfeeding. A guide for physicians
and Breastfeeding and Human Lactation.) And I will introduce the web sites
of breastfeeding in the WWW world.

That's what I have thought. Any suggestion?

Chao-Huei
Chen Chao-Huei, M.D. <[log in to unmask]>
Department of Pediatrics. Taichung Veterans General Hospital
Taichung 407, Taiwan, Fax 886-4-3591498,