From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:47:43 -0700
ILCA President Maureen Fjeld asked me to post this - as we have received messages posted on Lactnet about the difficulty of finding an LC:

Jeanette Panchula - outgoing US Delegate to ILCA Board

___

The International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) is pleased to announce that finding International Board Certified Lactation Consultants around the world is now easier than ever before!  Effective today, the popular “Find a Lactation Consultant Directory” has been upgraded to be more user-friendly, and to enable new mothers and health professionals alike to more easily find IBCLCs in their area.

The upgrades include the ability to search by name, city, state, or zip code in the U.S., and name, city, state, country, and state/province in other countries.  A  U.S. map is also included.  A click on the map or a search by zip code will now bring up names of IBCLCs within a 200-mile radius, listed in order by distance.  A map for each individual is also included, making it even easier for new mothers to locate the help and support they need.  Check it out at www.ilca.org.

Please be aware that the directory only lists ILCA members who are IBCLCs.  With more than 23,000 visits to the FALC each month, we encourage all IBCLCs to be included in this important resource!  For more information, please contact ILCA at [log in to unmask] or (919) 861-5577.

Maureen Fjeld,

ILCA President